Like most other bookworms, great books make their way onto my “things I’m thankful for” list every year. It’s hard to choose favorites, but I went ahead and picked five books I read in 2015 and am thankful for.
1. The Dragon of Trelian, by Michelle Knudsen: because it was one of the best YA Fantasy books I read this year, and I just loved it. Unique and well-written, the story was fun, gripping, and compelling, and I fell in love with the characters.
2. Secrets Kept, by J.L. Mbewe: because it pulled me into its world and I could barely stand to put it down. I read a lot of books I felt kind of lack-luster about this year, and so this was a very nice surprise.
3. Five Enchanted Roses, by Kaycee Browning, Savannah Jezowski, Dorian Tsukioka, and Hayden Wand: because getting to know these wonderful ladies and fellow authors was definitely a highlight of my year. I am so thankful that I got to be part of that project, and I am so happy to have been able to read their marvelous Beauty and the Beast retellings. I love all these stories so very much!
4. Mistborn, by Brandon Sanderson: because it was fun to read the first two books of this trilogy in conjunction with my husband listening to the audio books. They sparked a lot of fun conversations late into many nights.
5. Red Sails to Capri, by Ann Weil: because it is one of the many books I read out loud with my daughter this year, and I am so thankful that I have had the time and ability to read out loud to my children, and that they all seem to share my love of reading and stories.
I don’t know about you, but I’m looking forward to another great year of reading! Speaking of more reading, here’s one more thing to be grateful for. Books on sale! In honor of Thanksgiving and Black Friday, a group of independent Christian authors banded together to offer over seventy discounted books on Nov 27-30. There’s literally something for everyone.
Every single book listed on Indie Christian Books is on sale in one or more ways. Find discounted paperbacks, dozens of books offered with free shipping, $0.99 ebooks, package deals and more. Even if you have a budget of $0, new reading material awaits you.
King’s Warrior and Second Son are both FREE in Kindle form until Monday, Nov. 30. Or you can pick up a paperback copy of either book for $10, or both together for $17 – those prices INCLUDE shipping!
What awesome reads of 2015 are you grateful for? What books are you looking forward to reading in 2016?
A note on the Ebooks Only page. All books are listed as “Sold Out.” This only refers to paperback copies of these titles. Please click onto the product pages to find descriptions and links to discounted or free ebooks.
Acknowledgements: Thanks to Leah E. Good for her work organizing this sale, Gloria Repp for completing the time consuming job of uploading book info to the sale website, and Hannah Mills for her fantastic design work on the website graphics. Hannah can be contacted at hmills(at)omorecollege(dot)edu for more information about her design services.