Everyone seemed to enjoy the game of tag we played last year, so of course I decided to include a game of tag again this year. The theme is:
Thank the blogger who tagged you.
Include the graphic somewhere in your post.
Answer the questions.
Tag a few blogger friends – and let them know they’ve been tagged
1. Your car breaks down in the middle of nowhere. The cast of the most recent fantasy book you read comes to your assistance… who are they? Will they be helpful?
That would be the cast of “The Girl Who Drank the Moon.” So, Xan, Glerk, Fyrian, and Luna have come to my assistance… which means that my car may not actually get fixed – as Xan is a little forgetful, and Luna can’t exactly control her powers… and I’m pretty sure Glerk and Fyrian don’t know anything about cars (though Glerk may make up a poem about them), but I am certain to have a wonderful adventure to tell everyone about! And I’m sure they’ll get me home safely.
2. You go to bed one evening and wake up in the lair of the villain of the last fairy tale you read, where are you and how do you plan to get out?
Yikes! I am in the dungeon of the Wicked Queen from Snow White. I am probably doomed to wait until the end of the story. But, if I can manage to convince the queen that I am a tracker or hunter, then perhaps she’ll let me out to try to track down Snow White for her… though of course, my plan would be to warn Snow White and help her find Prince Charming (and caution her against the hazards of accepting food from people she doesn’t know!)
3. You are transported into a fantasy realm and given a mythical creature as a companion and best friend… which mythical creature do you get?
DRAGON! I mean, really, is there any other option? Okay… maybe a gryphon or a hippogriff…. or a Pegasus. Something that flies that I could ride… because that is always useful in fantasy realms.
4. In a strange series of coincidences, you end up needing to take the place of your favorite fantasy hero or heroine. Who are you?
That’s a hard one, because there are just so many to choose from. But in the end, in spite of adoring Eowyn from LOTR, and Eilonwy from Prydain Chronicles, and Lucy from Chronicles of Narnia… I’d have to say Cimorene from the Enchanted Forest Chronicles. If I had to be stuck forever in a fantasy land, I think I’d probably stand the best chance of surviving there…. and as much as I’d love to go to Narnia and meet Aslan… I wouldn’t do a good job standing in for Lucy…
5. To go along with question #4, now that you are that character, is there anything you would do differently than that character, now that you are running the show?
I would not leave the castle in book 3… or I would insist that Mendenbar come along on the adventure, leaving many (ALL!) dragons to defend the castle. Because I always thought it was really horrible that Cimorene and Mendenbar spend so much time forced apart between books 3 and 4.
6. If you were yourself in a fantasy novel, what role do you think you would play in the story?
Much as I would love to claim “heroine!” I would probably end up being some supporting character who dies in order to show the reader that the stakes really are that high.
7. One morning, as you are going about your daily business, you pick up an everyday item and a voice booms in your head with prophetic words about your future. What object is it, and what is your prophecy?
The object is, unfortunately, a dishcloth. The words of prophecy go something like this:
Doomed be ye who disturbs my slumber
To scour dishes every day
Washing off the gunk and grime
And never get a chance to play.
8. You are transported into a magical realm and turned into a mythical beast… what beast/fantasy creature do you want to be?
There are so many choices… of course, I think being a dragon would be very exciting, but then there’s the hassle of dealing with knights who want to prove their mettle, and the need to hoard gold and things, which could get annoying. So I think I’d probably want to be maybe a naiad or a pixie or something like that… something that doesn’t often get hunted, but has the ability to hide or defend myself if need be. A lesser fae who gets to annoy adventurers or give advice/directions might be fun, as well.
9. If you could read your way into any fantasy realm, but the catch is that you can never leave, would you? Which realm would you choose?
Narnia. Of all the fantasy realms I’ve read, I think that would be the one where I’d never really want to leave.
10. As you are going about your normal day, you discover that you have a magical power. What is it?
The only magical power I can think of that would be super useful to me in my normal life would be the ability to open up portals like doorways to where ever I wanted to go, because then I could visit friends and family whenever I wanted and travel but always be able to be home at a moment’s notice.
Now it’s your turn!
And anyone else who thinks this looks like fun! Consider yourself TAGGED!