Good morning, all. I’m trying to get back in the swing of things with the little blog. I’m so glad you all seemed to enjoy the movie quote guessing game the other day! I might have to make that a thing. Maybe once a month or so.
Here are the answers to Monday’s quote game:
1. “Hard to get to… that’s a fact!” (Malcolm Reynolds, SERENITY)
2. “Me? I’m dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It’s the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they’re going to do something incredibly… stupid.” (Jack Sparrow, PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 1)
3. “I’ve been asleep for 70 years. I think I’ve had enough rest.” (Captain America, THE AVENGERS)
4. “The horse is too small, the jockey too big, the trainer too old, and I’m too dumb to know the difference.” (Charles Howard, SEABISCUIT)
5. “If I was gonna shoot you, I’d shoot you in the face. Now go.” (John Preston, EQUILIBRIUM)
6. ” I wouldn’t care if you lived in the Governor’s mansion. I’d still think you’re weird!” (Homer Hickham, OCTOBER SKY)
7. “You build bridges, John. You have to go where the rivers are.” (Helena Patterson, THE GHOST AND THE DARKNESS)
8. “Faith. Yeah. God’s been real swell to me. I don’t mean no disrespect, preacher, but either he ain’t up there or he don’t like me very much.” (Jake Lonergan, COWBOYS AND ALIENS)
9. “You know what we get to do today, Brooks? We get to play baseball.” (Jimmy Morris, THE ROOKIE)
10. “Hey, you know my dad collected ancient coins, from Rome, China, Siam, Persia… somehow they all ended up in a shoe box in New Jersey.” (Al, SAHARA)
And, as an added bonus, these are all from some of my favorite movies ever. (Disclaimer: Equilibrium and The Ghost and the Darkness are both rated R – for violence, and Seabiscuit and October Sky both do have a lot of cussing). However, disclaimers aside: I definitely recommend any of these movies – if you haven’t seen some of them… you should!