Another later than I intended post… but my 5 year old came down with a stomach bug early Sunday morning, which sort of put a hold on all other plans for the day. She is much better now, praise the Lord!
Anyway, a few reminders:
1. Tomorrow we kick off the beginning of our SIX DEGREES OF KOOL BOOKS meme! You don’t have to do anything this week, except head over to DJ’s SITE where he will be sharing the initial post about a book and a few of its characters to get the ball rolling. Then, next week, if you want to participate, all you have to do is write your own post about another character in a different book that one of the characters in DJ’s post reminds you of. Post it on your blog NEXT TUESDAY and make sure you link back here or to DJ’s site AND I’ll have Mister Linky up and running over here so you can put in your name and the URL of your own post so we can all read each other’s posts. I can’t wait!!!!
**Don’t worry, I’ll post a reminder tomorrow as well with a link to DJ’s post when it goes live!**
2. ALSO, don’t forget that THIS WEDNESDAY is the first Wednesday of the month, and therefore also the first Wednesday of the NIGHTSTAND BOOKS meme! All you have to do is take a picture of the book(s) you are either currently reading or about to begin reading and talk a little bit about why you picked each one of them to read next/now. That will also be my debut use of Linky Lists (which will be at the bottom of my post on Wednesday) so… if you join the party, it would really help me know whether or not the Linky List is going to work!
Okay, that’s all the announcements I have for right now. On to the actual post for the day! Movie Quotes! Here are a few of my favorites, in no particular order. And a small game, because I’m not telling you where the quotes are from!!! So, if you want to play, just leave a comment with your guesses as to what movie each quote is from.
1. “Help! Help! I’m being chased by Walt Whitman!”
2. “I can’t compete with you physically, and you are no match for my brains.”
3. “I would have followed you my brother, my captain, my King.”
4. “What you do today will echo into eternity.”
5. “I love the stupid king.”
6. “I guess Poker’s just not your game, Ike. I know, let’s have a spellin’ contest.”
7. “Sir, the truth is, I talk to God all the time, and, no offense, but He never mentioned you.”
8. “And that put paid to it. I wonder who first discovered the power of poetry in driving away love?”
9. “The sun was in my eyes, Astrid! What do you want me to do, block out the sun? I can do that, but I don’t have the time right now!”
10. [sitting in a helicopter] “The main principles are lift and thrust…” [fiddles with controls] “Easy as pie.” [helicopter starts malfunctioning and flying erratically] “Horrible! Horrible! High-velocity pie of death!”
What’s YOUR favorite movie quote?