I meant to include this in Monday’s post, but then forgot. But now I think, since it’s kind of a big announcement, maybe it’s better to have it here by itself so it doesn’t get missed in the jumble of all the other things I had in Monday’s post!
I am thinking hard about trying to do something major with my newsletter… and actually send one out more than once or twice a year. People keep saying it’s one of those big important things you need to do to be successful at anything. I’m not sure I believe them… and I’m not sure exactly what mine will look like… but at this point, I am thinking a few things:
1) I am thinking that it will be the FIRST place you can find out information about new cover releases/book releases.
2) I am planning to have it be a place where I can gift you with some short stories—little episodes, too short to publish on their own (though I may publish them in a collection at some later date) that take place in the same worlds as my books… side-stories that deal with main characters, but are in a different time-frame than the books themselves. FOR EXAMPLE, I am working on one for the first newsletter update that will be going out around Christmas that gives a little glimpse into Yole’s back-story… so make sure you sign up for the newsletter so you don’t miss it!
3) I may use it to tell you about sales – for example: in January, I will be participating in an epic CLEAN: Dragon-Themed books sale, and I will tell you more about that later.
4) I also plan to use it as a place to let you know about opportunities to sign up as beta-readers and get ARC copies.
5) My plan right now is to send out one newsletter a month. I will probably give it a 6-month trial run and see how that goes…
So… if any of those things sound like something you don’t want to miss out on… please make sure you subscribe to my newsletter by entering your email over on the right side of the blog! (Make sure you sign up in the box that says “SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER” and not in the SEARCH bar… as that will just search this blog for your email address and probably yield frustrating results for you… LOL
What do you think?